TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE CFP BOARD CANDIDATE FORUM
Thank you for being part of our Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (“CFP Board”) Candidate Forum community (“Community”). This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation.
1. Disclaimer Regarding the Content in the Community
2. Acceptable Use
By participating in the Community, you agree not to:
3. Discussion Group Etiquette
- Challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
• Post any commercial messages on the Community.
• Use the Community in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any other duplicative or unsolicited messages.
• Violate the legal rights of another party such as infringing another’s intellectual property.
• Discuss a particular financial product.
• Use defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal language or materials when using the Community.
• Impersonate any person or entity while using the Community.
• Use the Community to compile commercial, political or charitable mailing lists or to facilitate the transmission of spam, junk mail, chain letters or other obscene content.
• Collect or store the personal data of other Community users.
• Upload any content that may damage the operation of the Community or another person’s property.
• Impinge on another user’s ability to use the Community.
• Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
• Provide access to the Community to any unauthorized third-party.
• Post or disclose specific exam question content or any other information that will enable others to discern the specific content of the CFP® Certification Exam
• Post any content that encourages or facilitates users of the Community to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade.
You further agree to follow general content guidelines, as described below:
- Include a signature tag on all messages that includes your name.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information on the original posting, and put your response ahead of the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire Community list when it contains information from which everyone can benefit.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the right of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce any content posted to the Community unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
CFP Board provides the Community at its convenience and CFP Board may alter, modify, suspend or cease the Community at any time. CFP Board, in its sole discretion, may terminate your access to the Community for any reason, including, without limitation, any violation, breach or assignment of these Terms. You may voluntarily terminate your use of the Community by notifying the Site Coordinator. In the event CFP Board or you terminate your access to the Community, you shall immediately cease all use of the Community.
5. Digital Millennium Copyright Act
For questions, concerns or issues regarding the Community please contact the Site Coordinator at candidateforum@CFPBoard.org. Any notice hereunder shall be given to the Site Coordinator and shall be effective and deemed delivered upon receipt.
CFP Board shall use its best efforts to maintain the confidentiality of all users with respect to their use of the Community. However, CFP board shall not be liable in any form for any harm that the user suffers as a result of any breach of confidentiality.
Last Modified: August 25, 2020